If you’re considering a project to install TV wall mount to accommodate your new television, there are a few things that you should be aware of before you get started. Today, our professional TV installers in Florida are going to share a few of these things with you.
Professional Install TV Wall Mount Things You Need to Know
When it comes to a project where you need to install TV wall mount, there are a few things that you should know. Fortunately, our professional installers here at Gulf Coast Installs are here to offer you a few of those important tips!
- Have the tools that you need ready before you need them. What kind of tools should you have on hand for a wall mounted TV installation? A good quality stud finder, a drill with assorted bits, a level, a tape measure, a pencil, and screwdrivers.
- Make sure that the mounting bracket you have is sized to fit your television before it comes time to actually mount it to the wall! There is nothing worse than having everything all planned out or even having the bracket halfway mounted on your wall before you realize that it’s not the right size or weight capacity to fit your television! Check the weight and VESA size of your TV before you go out and buy the mount!
- Have someone on hand to help you. If you decide not to have a professional TV installation technician help you with your TV mounting project then at least make sure that you have someone on hand who can help you to lift and hold your television so that you can complete the installation. Wall mounting a television is NOT a one person job!
- Read the directions. We know, no one likes to read directions for anything, but reading the directions for your TV mount before you get started with the installation process will save you a HUGE headache in the long run. Plus, it will only take you a few extra minutes.
- Have a blanket over a flat surface so that you can lay your television face down and attach the mount to your television. Don’t be tempted to overlook that blanket, it protects your screen from scratches and believe us when we tell you, those scratches can be caused by the tiniest little thing rubbing against your TV screen when you’re screwing part of the mount to the back of the TV!
- Make sure that the cabling you need to be attached to your TV ports is in place before your mount your TV to the wall. Many televisions have the cable ports on the back of the television where they are hidden from view. Unfortunately, this can make them quite difficult to reach if you are using a tilt mount or a fixed TV mount. So, attach the cables to your TV ports and it’s safer to detach the other end of each cable if it’s attached to a component like a speaker. This way you can mount your TV without worrying about trapping live cables or dragging speakers off their speaker stands while you get the TV in the right place on the mount.
- Make sure that once you have affixed your TV to the TV mount on the wall that everything is securely in place. You don’t have to hang off the TV mount – in fact, please don’t! – but you should make sure that the mount is firmly anchored to your wall and that the screws do not slide forward out of the wall when you gently tug on it. Your mounted TV should also never seem unsteady or shake. You just don’t want to have to worry about that thing coming down off the wall and hurting anyone…or breaking your television!
Rather Have a Professional Install TV Wall Mount For You?
If you’d rather leave the install TV wall mount project to a professional and you live in or around southwest Florida, Gulf Coast Installs can help! Just give us a call at (239)-682-1077 and make an appointment with one of our professional installation experts and they’ll get your install taken care of in no time at all!